A Dedicated Aviation – Quality Oil for light sport engines
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is the world’s first oil specifically developed for light sport, very light and ultralight four-stroke engine aircraft. It is multigrade for use in any climate and combines synthetic and high-quality mineral oil with advanced additive technologies for excellent performance, wear and corrosion protection, and cleanliness with leaded and unleaded fuels.
Selecting the right oil
Historically, light sport aircraft operators had to rely on motorcycle oils with formulations that could vary geographically and be changed without notifying the aviation community. Some of the changes that are good for motorbike engines may not be good for aviation engines, and motorbike oils may not keep engines clean with leaded aviation fuels.
With AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4, aviators have a consistent worldwide formulation that cannot be changed without notice. It is designed to cope with the high shear stresses associated with integrated gearboxes and overload clutches, and has detergents that help to keep critical areas, such as pistons and cylinders, clean.
New and improved formulation
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 has been improved. The new formulation is built on more than 11 years of close co-operation, including three years of development and testing of the new formulation by Shell and BRP-Rotax’s research scientists.
The new formulation is the first aviation oil tested and approved by BRP-Rotax. It offers improved anti-wear protection compared with the previous generation oil, and provides enhanced protection and lubricity for the smooth movement of clutch and gearbox components.
Benefits at a glance
- First specific oil for Light Sport and Very Light/Ultra light aircraft engines
- Promotes engine cleanliness
- Helps keep engines sludge and varnish free
- Helps reduce oil consumption
- Helps engines reach TBO (Time Between Overhauls)
- Protects highly stressed engines parts against scuffing and wear
- Anti-foaming additives to maximise lubrication effectiveness – especially for those engines operating an integrated gearbox
- Better cold flow characteristics for easier starts and quicker protection
- High thermal stability for longer-lasting and safer lubrication
- Can be used in any climate
- Advanced anti-rust and anti-wear package
Do not use AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 in engines that are designed to use ashless dispersant or ashless non-dispersant aviation piston engine oil. This includes air-cooled Teledyne Continental Motors, Textron Lycoming and Jabiru engines. Please consult your operator’s handbook or manual to confirm the correct lubricant specification before use.