Second Generation Synthetic Turbine Engine oil
AeroShell Turbine engine oil 500 is a 5 centistoke synthetic hindered ester oil incorporating additives to help improve thermal and oxidational stability and also metal passivation.
AeroShell Turbine engine oil 500 was developed essentially to meet the requirements of Pratt & Whitney 521 B Type II and MIL -L-23699 specifications and is entirely suitable for all civil and military engines requiring this class of lubricant.
High Viscosity Index Synthetic Base Fluids used in AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 maintain viscosity and help protect components more effectively under the high shear stresses that a turbine system places on lubricants.
The outstanding high temperature and oxidation stability of AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is due to the natural properties of the synthetic hindered ester base fluids used. These fluids are clean running in that they tend to dissolve varnish and sludge rather than leave deposits on working surfaces.
Research and Development has enabled the most suitable selection of additive to be used in order to provide the excellent oxidation stability, superior load carrying and exceptional protection against high temperature corrosion of metals.
AeroShell Turbine Oil 500 is also approved for use in the industrial and marine versions of certain aero-engines listed. The land and sea based derivatives of the aero-engines retain the essential design elements of their aviation versions. Such designs place heavy demands on the components and lubricants to ensure total reliability in the high temperatures within the engine. Engine manufacturers, therefore, approve the use of aircraft synthetic turbine oils in their engines.
- Outstanding high temperature and oxidation stability.
- High Viscosity Index Synthetic Base Fluids maintain viscosity and help protect components.
- Qualified to MIL-L-23699, DERD 2499 and NATO O-156 fluid (A qualified product must be blended and packed in the plant listed on the QPL to ensure that the base oil is made in an approved refinery and that the product is blended and packed in an approved and closely monitored facility.) which provides compatibility with other similarly qualified oils.
- Excellent load carrying properties.
- Good low volatility characteristics.
- Resistance to high temperature corrosion of metals